The ” Mission Tavern” will be opening soon at the old McCabe’s location. Check the “Mission Tavern” Facebook page for updates!
- 2016 Water Quality report click below:
- Transfer stations reopens Saturday April 1st 2017 (10a-2p)
- Most current HLPOA information in Fall Newsletter. See link at bottom of page.
- 2016 Fishing contest winners! We had a great turn out and some prizes for everyone one….. see Gallery or click link below.
- Purple Loose Leaf has been found on our lake. It is easy to see now as it has purple flowers. It is an Invasive species but can be controlled by pulling it before it goes to seed. If you see it on the lake please contact someone on the board. see link below for helping you identifying it.
- Remember to pay dues. All those who have not sent in their dues to please send them to:
HLPOA Box 86 Merrifield, MN. 56465
- The DNR did their fish population survey the week of August 8th.The survey consists of them putting in 12 large gill nets and 12 trap nets, and subsequently pulling the nets and counting, weighing and measuring the different species of fish. We will update as soon as we have results.
- Strong wind storm early morning Thursday July 21st causes damage, loss of power for most of lake residents for close to 24 hours. Strong winds from Northwest to Southeast uprooted trees, knocked docks apart, ripped lift canopies and cause some serious home damage. To see storm photos go to Gallery
- 4th of July 2016-Some of the best weather of the summer welcomed us to the 4th of July Holiday. The annual 4th of July boat parade included 19 boats!! Thanks to Jerry Martin for being the commodore! Boats went from the east basis to west this year. The east basin Gibas boat, with the Horseshoe Olympic theme, took the trophy home. Thanks for all those who participated! See some of the decorated boats gallery page. We also had the Mission parade photos . Special thanks to Sally Mainquist for providing the photos!
- Remember the channel is a ” No Wake Zone” We don’t want to dredge it again. Please remind your guests and help us enforce it.
- A black bear has been seen around the lake. Contain your garbage!
Thanks for keeping our lake Safe and Clean!-HLPOA
Horseshoe Lake (formerly Sandbar) is an 888 acre lake located about 7 miles south of Crosslake, in Crow Wing County. It is bordered by Highway 3 and Pelican Lake to the west. East Horseshoe Lake Road borders the east, Mission Park Drive to the south, North Horseshoe Lake Road enters from the west (dead-ends) and Pine Cone Lane (also dead-ends) enters from the east to border the north end of the lake. Huxtable Point nearly divides the lakes in two.
It has one public access located on the southeast side near Mission Park. The maximum depth is – approximately 55 feet, with about 59% of the lake averaging 15 feet deep.
A majority of the home and cabin owners are members of the Horseshoe Lake Property Owner’s Association (HLPOA).